Friday, September 16, 2011

My Review of Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

I have been a fan of Karen Kingsbury since 2009, and I just love her books so much. They are really good for the soul. So I read the book called "Leaving," and it was such a wonderful story about letting go and saying goodbye to your family.

There is a lesson in the book that reminds us that leaving home is not always an easy thing to do. This is very true, because there are a lot of times when people are homesick and homesickness is what a lot of people suffer from. So in the book Bailey moves to New York City to become a Broadway star. I can relate to that character because I have always wanted to be a Broadway star. But I won't really get the chance due to my autism.

And Cody Coleman starts the job as a coach for Lyle High School. It's not always easy for him because he faces some challenges along the way. Bailey and Cody are very distant from each other because Cody has a girlfriend whose name is Cheyenne. Cheyenne is very nice but in reality I think Bailey belongs to Cody.

Ashley Baxter Blake, who makes a special appearance in the book, is worried about Landon Blake's health. He goes to the hospital because his lungs are not feeling healthy, so he has to get operated on for his lungs. As the Blake family struggles to get Landon back to his healthy self, they try to be strong, by the grace of God.

This is such a good book to read, and I recommend that you get it at your local bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment