Monday, September 12, 2011

My 9/11 story

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters. He refreshes my soul and he guideth me at the right paths for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of my enemies, thou annointest my cup with oil. Surely thy goodness will follow me in the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 23

I was in eighth grade when the Twin Towers fell. My learning support teacher turned on the TV and all of us in her classroom saw what was going on. A couple of airplanes were hijacking New York's World Trade Center. It was a very sad day for all Americans. My flute teacher was at a hospital so he probably knew either before or after surgery. My friend/aide went to New York City to cook on that day and I was thinking about him all the time when I was in school, worrying that something bad might happen to him. Terrorists were attacking New York City. They were also attacking the Pentagon on that day.

A lot of families lost a loved one on that day. Everybody discussed the terrorist attacks and the news on the attacks was on all of the channels. Thousands of people were killed on that day, especially firefighters, policemen and the people that worked there.

I'm proud of our country and the people in the military that fight for our freedom. I'm especially proud of my stepfather who was in the army a couple of decades ago. I love all of the policemen because they keep all of the streets safe, and I love our firefighters because they put out all of the fires that are in the homes of the people.

I'm a proud Christian citizen of America and I am not afraid to say it. I am praying for all the people of New York City and the people who serve in the military and the people who work in the police force. I am also proud of the firefighters that put out fires for us, not only that, but for their bravery. As for me I try to be brave but I believe that we can all be brave no matter how hard we try.

No comments:

Post a Comment